Day, Time: fridays 10:45-12:00
SEATTLE CUCINA COOKING SCHOOL leads creative, hands-on classes to improve students’ nutrition, how they relate to their families and community, and how they participate in sustainable food systems. Cofounders, Alice and Erica, teach in local schools, community centers, and after-school programs in the greater Seattle Area.
Erica has worked as a professional cook for the past few years, most recently at the James Beard Award-nominated restaurant, Canlis. She has managed a food cooperative and loves working alongside peers to bring the greater Seattle community delicious, wholesome food.
Join us for 8 jam-packed weeks of delicious cooking! Each week you’ll face a new challenge that explores different skills and recipes. Try your hand at making everything from gnocchi to ramen to falafel. Are you ready to become a pro in the kitchen?! Class prices include 1 meal.
Menus for Winter 2019*:
1. Veggie spring roll with dipping sauce *soy
2. Veggie exploration — plant a plant and seasonality project
3. Knife chopping workshop- soup base
4. Spice activity
5. Thai Grain Salad + grains exploration *soy
6. Sustainable seafood / whole fish *butter optional
7. Sweets “lab” activities *sugar! *dairy and egg optional
8. Braised chicken or lentils
*Menus are subject to change.
Required Skills for Students to Be Successful in This Class:
Compliance with Family Rights & Responsibilities.
Parents are welcome to quietly observe. Please arrange with the teacher prior to class.
Students outside of the age range listed on this class description will not be granted age variance admission.